Beauty & Wellness
Beauty &Wellness is an integral part of modern lifestyle. The concept of beauty is primarily influenced by the changes in society. In present times, it is focused upon looking good and feeling healthy at the same time. Beauty & Wellness industry in India has rapidly evolved with time from its unstructured beginning in the early 1990s to the more organized service providers of today.This service sector has a high growth prospect and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% to reach INR 875 billion in the coming 3 years. It is considered as the fastest growing job creator in the country.
Beauty & Wellness sector need around 600,000 additional skilled personnel over the next five years to ensure delivery of high standards in customer relationship and experience management.
However, unavailability of required number of skilled & trained manpower with technical competence is the key concern for the industry.The organized service providers in this sector insist on hiring certified and licensed personnel in critical service areas in order to maintain quality standards in wellness offerings.
Skill gaps identified in the Beauty & Wellness sector
- Inadequate industry specific experience
- Inadequateknowledge of basic tools & equipment used in Beauty &Wellness services
- Lack of exposure to different types of specialized beauty treatments& care
- Inability to practice safeworking procedures
- Inadequate knowledge of goodhousekeeping practices for ambience maintenance
- Inadequate knowledge of salon hygiene management- sterilization & sanitation
- Lack of workplace safety awareness
- Lack of professional ethics
- Poor communication skill and people skill
InSkills offers programs in skill areas like:
|Beauty Therapist - BWS/Q0102|